Jenna asked me if I would list five books for her to read, and it’s a few too many characters for a tweet, so here’s a list. It’s mostly YA because that’s what I have the most experience with. Coolcool.
- Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce - Based off of Little Red Riding Hood. There’s also a companion novel, Sweetly, based off of Hansel and Gretel.
- Legend by Marie Lu - Action packed and just really good dystopian world.
- Looking For Alaska by John Green - I think she’s read this buuuut just in case. Anytime someone asks me which Green book to start one, this is the one I point them to.
- Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson - This is, by far, her best book. Maureen is really good at scaring the pants off a person.
- Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - I haven’t read this since high school (six years ago) but this was my first Dessen and i’ll always remember how good it was.
- Oh, I forgot to list a Classic. ALICE’S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND + THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS. All caps because that’s how much I love those two books. They’re usually sold together (as one book).